It's true. Work has begun to move the barn! Drive down 12300 S. and check it out!
My husband was motoring by, saw some wood pulled off the barn and thought he was going to have to put up his dukes to defend it against a vandal. But it was our friends, the Valgaardson brothers, doing their magic to get the Day Barn ready for its move in just a few weeks.
We are so grateful for all who have donated and helped so far to help provide this meaningful contribution to the Draper community. Please check out our donor page. It is amazing to see just how many folks are participating in this fun new "barn raising"
Below is the rough plan for the barn. If you, or someone you know, can help with materials or labor for these phases, please contact us to talk about a possible in-kind donation. Of course, cash donations are still needed :)
- Raise (not raze) the Barn and Mooooooooove it down the road to the new site near the Fitzgerald House on Pioneer Road
- The barn will be "staged" (up on blocks) over at the new site while we utilize cash and in-kind donations to get the utilities roughed in, footings and foundation poured. Tie it down.
- Pour the floor for the barn, walkways and grade for landscaping
- Scrape and paint the barn, repair/replace windows, doors and any other repairs
- Possible addition for restroom - or build the restroom in the barn
- Irrigation system and Landscaping
- Rough-in electrical and plumbing
- Finish carpenty, cabinet, etc.
- Finish electrical and plumbing
- Educational displays for walls and exterior
- Down the road sometime - new, old-timey roofing